Skip to content
3. Store Your Stuffwpengine2016-12-03T17:19:21+00:00
Storage Units Are Great For:
- Temporary storage when in between a home or apartment
- Seasonal clothing or household items
- Off-Season Equipment including, patio furniture, snow tires, skis, snowboards, boating items, etc.
- Extra Furniture
- Sporting Goods
- Belongings of students gone for the summer or studying abroad
- Hobby items or equipment
- Estate materials
- Overstock inventory
- Storage during a home renovation project
- Holiday decorations
Packing & Storing Tips:
- Use strong boxes or containers that are easily stack-able.
- Label your containers or boxes on multiple sides to make it easy to find the items you need.
- Heavier boxes should be placed on the bottom to avoid tipping or collapsing of stacked items.
- Save money by using towels, blankets or old clothes to wrap fragile items.
- Store mirrors, pictures or frames upright instead of flat.
- Place books in smaller boxes for easier lifting.
- Individually wrap plates and stack them on edge rather than flat.
- Individually wrap glassware and store with extra cushioning.
- When storing lamp shades, individually wrap them in tissue paper before nesting them together.
- Wipe tools with an oily rag before storing them to prevent rusting.
- Store items on shelves or pallets to allow proper air-flow.
- Create an inventory list of the storage unit and label or number each box so you can find it easily.
- Sprinkle peppermint flakes or dryer sheets around the unit to deter any rodents from visiting your unit.
- Properly wrap items in storage bags, tarps, and protective coverings to prevent condensation and moisture.
- Units are not temperature or humidity controlled so do not store sensitive electronic equipment or antiques.
- Perishables, Including Food, Pet Food, Birdseed, etc.
- Explosives, Including Ammunition and Fireworks
- Vehicles, Motorcycles, ATV’s, Snowmobiles, etc.
- Gasoline, Oil & Aerosols
- Hazardous, Toxic, Flammable or Combustible Items
- Living or Inhabiting In The Storage Units Is Strictly Forbidden.